AVICOR was established in 2005 based on a patent portfolio covering the application of chemically modified solid surfaces for chemical microarray production and affinity bead preparation. Avicor is a service provider with clients from Europe and US big pharma and medium size companies.
Avicor offers fully-integrated contract research, discovery and development services including drug discovery, target identification, and analytics.
- Drug discovery
- Hit discovery
- Analytical measurements (LC/MS, NMR, etc. )
- Custom synthesis
- Target identification (AviLink technology)
AVICOR has a diverse small molecule library of 60000 member and a Chemical Department with medicinal chemistry capabilities to synthesize novel scaffolds and to optimize lead molecules.
Different screening technologies were developed to
- identify novel hit molecules
- to determine molecular target of a drug candidate with unknown mechanism of action
- to detect whether a drug is a possible target for a G-protein coupled receptor or ion channel
- to decide whether a drug candidate has an off-target effect
These screening technologies are based on classical biochemical screening using fluorescence or luminescence read-out, or by using a label-free technology platform with our proprietary surface chemistry, and novel bead technology for affinity chromatography and protein mass-spectrographic analysis.
Avicor is a leading drug discovery and development company offering fully-integrated contract research and manufacturing services including medicinal chemistry, hit discovery, lead optimization, in vitro pharmacology, screen development and target identification.